Friday, January 18, 2013

God-Shine

“The Lord bless you and keep you;
The Lord make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you;
The Lord lift up His countenance upon you,
And give you peace" (Numbers 6:24-26 NKJV)

This is one of my favorite songs. It is a powerful prayer as well as a blessing. It ministers to my core, enabling me to picture God shining and smiling down up me. It has often been my prayer for God to shine down upon me and those I lift up to Him. When He does, I am reminded of the grace with which He covers me. 

"Shine down" is a powerful phrase. When something is illuminated in such a way, you see every detail. The best it has to offer is highlighted, and every side is brought into focus. The same thing happens when God shines upon us! We are illuminated and spot-lighted, allowing for the best of Him in us to be brought to the fore-front. God-shine is empowering and encouraging!

In my former church, I was blessed with the opportunity to lead worship alongside other talented vocalists. Sometimes I would record our rehearsals on my cell phone to make sure I knew my parts backwards and forwards, and often God would show up, bringing spontaneous songs to minister to our team. I was able to capture one of those moments where God used me and one of the other vocalists to minister. No matter how many times I listen to it, I can feel Him shining down and sense the smile on His face. 

Enjoy!


Turn us again to yourself, O God.
    Make your face shine down upon us.
    Only then will we be saved (Psalm 80:3 NLT).

No comments:

Post a Comment