Tuesday, December 25, 2012

The Island of Misfit Toys

Growing up, I often felt as though I was a misfit. I would feel tossed aside, often forgot about, not really included in many things - yet in my heart I knew I was destined for greatness. I lived my life based on what I felt, my emotions and who I happened to associate myself with at a particular point in my life. I made mistakes, took risks and faced many disappointments. I've started over countless times, but often found myself back where I started. But, in my heart of hearts, I knew I wasn't a misfit; I just knew it!

I was right, and I'm not alone! We are all destined for greatness, however the speed it takes and the route we use to get there will differ for each of us. Isaiah 42:9 says, "Behold, the former things have come to pass, and new things I declare; Before they spring forth I tell you of them.” I have had an amazing year, self-publishing two books, facing my social fears, transitioning from serving all the time to simply sitting at Jesus' feet in rest. I have heard teachings that have challenged me spiritually, and some which have left an unsavory aftertaste in my mouth. I've walked in the favor of God and been able to bless others in ways I didn't know I had. And yet, I feel the Lord propelling me on toward new things.

I have left the Island of Misfit Toys, and I will not look back except to reflect on the Lord's goodness and positioning power. This is a year of New Things, bigger opportunities, brighter futures and a more in-depth knowledge and pursuit of Holy God. A new season has begun, and I am excited to walk where He plants my feet.

Love and blessings,
Prudence

No comments:

Post a Comment